Friday, December 14, 2007

Geosoft Technologies Ltd

Geosoft Technologies Ltd
January 1999 – July 1999 [Written 22 November 2007]

Geosoft Technologies Ltd (I should still be having the company brochure that I got via post in response to my application for the post of ‘Management Trainee’), was my first employer in Bangalore (I had a very short sting with ‘Ashok Brothers’ in CP, Delhi). We were a joining batch of about 70 odd, from all over India and it was quite a bit of fun during the initial training days (the company has since shut operations due to lack of SAP related projects and inability to support the company’s workforce).

It was during this period that I met some of the nicest friends in my life so far – Ashu, Pinku, Akshay and Ningoo. We actually got to know each other at the first day since we were all looking for a place to stay in Bangalore (I was currently staying at my cousin’s place). We literally went about the nearby residential area (J.P. Nagar) by lanes knoking on door and small inquiring from little shops for houses on rent. We finally ended up staying on the first floor of a single-mother’s house in 5th Phase, JP Nagar – not very far from it office (it was actually about 2 Kms – but that didn’t matter then!!!).

Ashu (Ashish Bhati) is currently married and is onsite along with his wife in the US.

Pinku (Priyank Munjal) too is married and he too is onsite along with his wife in the US.
Akshay and Ningoo too are married and are settled in Mumbai.

No comments: